1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All of a sudden my computer doesnt see my sound card

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Jondabomb24, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jondabomb24

Jondabomb24 Thread Starter

I've had my computer for 2 years now, didnt touch a thing, and out of nowhere my computer is saying that I have no sound card. It started where it kept saying my sound card had an error and i should reinstall my driver and so i tried it and the installation said there is no sound card installed. I have no idea what the problem is....
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP :(

2. RozyBean

RozyBean

Hi,
    It sounds like the sound card has gone kaput.

But before you buy a new one, turn off your computer and unplug it, remove the casing and remove and replace the sound card, as it may just be a bad connection.
    Don't forget to earth yourself by touching some bare metal like a radiator before touching the inside of the computer.

You may have to uninstall the current drivers in the device manager and reinstall them.

If you do have to buy a new card, they are very cheap, unless you are a musical perfectionist.

Rozy. :)

3. emoxley

emoxley

Before going into the computer, especially if you're not VERY comfortable with it, try this:

Go into the device manager, find your sound card listed there, right click on it, then click on uninstall. After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and reinstall it for you.

If that doesn't work, then you can try going into the computer, and manually remove and replace the card. But unless the computer has been moved around alot, and been jarred somehow, I don't see the card shifting to a bad connection. The card may have gone bad, like rozy said. Stuff happens. You can buy sound cards pretty cheap now, unless you get into the very high end ones.............
    Good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice