1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All of a sudden, none of my games work.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Stephen_9, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen_9

Stephen_9 Thread Starter

Ok, I think I just succesfully removed a very notorious virus, W32/Pate.B. Now, whenever I start all of my games, and choose a server, or load a singleplayer game, etc., as soon as it's done loading the map, it will give me the standard Windows error message, (to send an Error Report, which they obviously don't look at).

The only exception to this is WoW, which runs perfectly (when it didn't before), which gives me the assumption that the virus is gone. How should I go about fixing this? I also heard that this virus adds some data to the end of each .exe file, which is what I think the problem is here. Is there a program out there that fixes this? I don't feel like reinstalling 50+ games.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice