All screensavers freeze

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lanemom56

All my screensavers have started freezing in Windows XP. I've downloaded all the upgrades, service packs, etc. Is there a fix for this?

Could be a lot of things - including XP (not a fan). But I would try fiddling with the settings on the screensavers themselves and keep brining the resolution, speed, size, etc down lower to see if that helps.

Is the computer newer - How much memory with the video card and computer itself do you have?

Someone who's seen this before may be able to help better but that would be a start.

Have you made sure you have installed your graphics card drivers correctly. If you have just gone onto xp from another OS make sure you have all the up-to-date drivers from the manufacturers website. Failing that, check your RAM.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online