1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All sorts of Problems!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MaxShUtY, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxShUtY

MaxShUtY Thread Starter

I am having a bunch of issues with my computer, and always, all the issues come at one time! I'll just start off by numbering them from most important to get fixed a.s.a.p. to the least important.

1. All of my Windows keep shutting themselves down! When I open Firefox sometimes it works for a few minutes, then all of a sudden just closes with no error or anything. Other times it has an error "Failure to initialize properly" (I will update this post with the exact error next time I open F.F.) other times when I click the Firefox shortcut on my desktop it will say "Firefox has encountered a problem" with the options to "Report Problem to Microsoft" "Dont Send". I put firefox in Safemode (through cmd prompt) and disabled all scripts and it still did the same thing in safemode. Now here's the catch. All of a sudden my MSN Messanger started doing the SAME thing. It terminates the whole program. It doesnt just sign out--it shuts down completely. Then I ****think**** that IE has done the same thing a couple of times now.

-This all started yesterday-- about 1 day after I updated I.E. to the newest version (from a very old version) and about 1 day after I updated my Firefox to the newest version (from the previous version)

Now this leads me to my next problem...

I updated I.E. for one reason. Whenever I am on a website all links, urls, anything that should be "clickable" is not clickable on I.E. --What happens is when I scroll over something "clickable" (urls, etc.) my cursor turns into a blinking " I " that usually comes up in Microsoft Word, or even when I am typing a post in these forums. The catch is, is that sometimes, even though it is showing the blinking " I " it will still click the link. Other times stuff is unclickable, so my quick solution is to refresh the page, voila it works and turns into a little hand symbol when I scroll over a url and it actually does the job of "clicking".

I thought, heck its probably this old version of I.E... I said I may as well update the darn thing after all this time... so I did, and the same thing is still happening.

Those are my two problems *for now* ( I did have another problem but I solved that!)

The main thing that I NEED to get fixed is the first one.. I can deal without I.E. but I cannot deal with all my windows closing down at the most inoppurtune times.

I've got around 1.5gb's of ram, around 700GB's harddrive space on my computer. I figure that ram, and computer space wouldnt be an issue. HOWEVER, I did check my (C:) drive and it is almost completely full (I've got around 4.95gb's left on it--but I dont think that is low enough to make programs just terminate) I am not sure how big a normal [NTFS] folder is supposed to be, but mine is around 50GB's... That just seems odd.. perhaps its normal though?!? Not sure.

I checked within that drive and I found that there really isnt that much stuff on it. It is a 250GB drive. Every folder that is inside of the drive that I can see is only equal to 120GB's so where is the rest of the memory at since it says that all of the folders are only equal to 120GB's of space How come there is around 130GB's of "used" space that should be free space?

Any and all help getting me through these problems is VERY MUCH appriciated! Thank you,

-Max

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/745759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice