All Sound is running at about a third normal speed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thinkingout

All my sound files are running about one third normal speed. Very atmospheric and would make a great soundtrack for a haunted movie, but not generally desirable.

I think the problem may have been a lightning strike a few days ago, which knocked my pc "off" requiring me to unplug and replug into mains before it would run again. I do have a surge protector on my mains lead plug. With hindsight I should have unplugged everything including cables etc., when the storm started.

How can I prove my theory, that the "sound card" has been damaged, and what steps do I need to take to rectify the situation, given that I know precious little about the inside of the box?

THINKINGOUT

Some media players, like WMP have speed settings, so something to check. I would also try reinstalling your audio drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts