1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All the games on my computer crash?!

Discussion in 'Games' started by MAYHEMFreak, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MAYHEMFreak

MAYHEMFreak Thread Starter

I've got a few games for my computer, My computer is only a few months old and its totally updated it has the latest things for everything.. But when i play a game it will work the first time maybe for 30 mins or maybe for 2 hours and i can keep closing and playing it, Then it will start to crash.. but the type of crash that is like its like my computer gets unplugged because my monitor says " Saving Power " and i have to turn off the computer completely to turn it on again. It also makes a weird noise on the speakers like a buzzing noise. It's happen to me with the games i usually play, Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, And NFL Madden, But With NFL Madden i can play for hours and hours and the chances of it going to that crash mode or whatever is very rare.. Though roller coaster tycoon 3 i just bought a few hours ago and it worked and was good.. Then when i took a nap and came back to play it, It would only get to the menu before crashing! What should i do? What is this crashing?? Also it usually happens with every game i play.. Even old games like GTA Vice City!

If your interested in my computer here it is,

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50 Ghz,
    Installed Memory ( RAM ): 4.00 GB, ( 3.25 usable )
    Windows Type: Windows 7 Ultimate

2. vnpt_adsl

vnpt_adsl

Yout computer:
    It's so good to play GTA Vice City, but you didn't tell me about your VGA card?

3. sandninja

sandninja

Hmm, if this is happening a few hours after your computer has been running, there is a good posibility that this is an overheating issue. It would be helpful to know what your video card is ( you can find this by going to start and typing 'msinfo32' into the box, and hit enter. go to components -> display, and its the "name" field that will name your video card) Also, was your system custom built from parts, or is it a name brand computer, like a Dell, HP, or Compaq?

4. MAYHEMFreak

This is my video card, is Intel (R) G41 Express Chipset ( Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1 ), And it was custom built.

5. p0tn00dl3

p0tn00dl3

LOL first of all i would i would HIGHLY reccomend you upgrade to a ATI or Nivdia chipset the G41 is a rubbish graphics chipset and certainly not designed for gaming. are you sure you dont have another graphics card in there? The Drivers for Intel inbedded chipsets a terrable and most likely if its not the poor excuse for a gpu falling over its most probs the rubbish drivers.

Buy yourself a nice upto date PCI-EX GPU card such as a ATI 5770 or Nvidia 260/275 (mid range price's) then see how things pan out. Also out of intrest have you tryed ALT - TAB 0r ALT/CTRL/DEL and seeing if you get back to desktop

6. MAYHEMFreak

I don't see the problem...? My video card can run my computer can run FSX in high quality and i have no problems with it not even lag, Its only that it crashes when ever i open games. I found out that if i reinstall the game and install it again it works for a longer time and if i keep it open it won't crash..? And i'm not sure, I just clicked on Compent - Display - and thats what was written under name.

7. p0tn00dl3

p0tn00dl3

The reason is right there your games crash !! do a little googling on the G41 chipset. if your still determind to keep a unstable unreliable onboard GPU with badly wrote drivers then your choice is replace the motherboard as its a onboard chipset and if its overheating thats the only way to swap it out. Run memtest86 4.00 (can be found with google) to make sure theres no issue with your memory, Download and run Prime95 (you dont say if your running x86 or x64 bit version of windows but get the version that matches) overnight to make sure that there isnt another instability issue with your processor. Once all that is done and passed come back and let me know how it all went (y):)

8. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby

your card is not made for gaming. most game support Nvidia and ATi Card.

But i have to agree, is most likely over heating issue for your card or faulty card.

9. whitekingle

whitekingle

If it is a problem on overheating, you can add one more cooler. I think your computer assembly is not perfect or hardwares are not compatible with each other.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice