1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

all usb ports and gpu not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by corwalker, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. corwalker

corwalker Thread Starter

my desktop PC is having some issues not sure how it happened but my display stopped working . My USB ports have stopped working as well.I opened up my pc the motherboard appears to have power..

any ideas?

thanks in advace

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    please clarify "appears to have power"

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

3. corwalker

corwalker Thread Starter

It is a custom built rig I had it built about 3 years ago. I'll try my best to remember all the parts. 16gb of ram corsair brand. An Asus motherboard equipped with an Intel core I7 6100 series. The gpu is a HIS brand amd radeon 6870. The reason I say the motherboard appears to have power is because the reset and power buttons have light and the fan on the cpu is still spinning.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Lites and fans do not mean the system is receiving the proper power to operate the system. It could well be the power supply. You did not include the power supply specs. The best way to test this is to connect a known good power supply (with sufficient power) into your system. If your system boots up properly you have found the problem.

5. corwalker

corwalker Thread Starter

Sorry about that it's a corsair Ax 850 a new development has happened when I turn it on now it loses power for a about 3 seconds but then my computer turn on and stays on but same thing the USB ports don't work and the monitor does not get a display. I tried swapping power cords and changing rooms but so far nothing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice