1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Allinone Printer, HP C4380 Photosmart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wordswort, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wordswort

wordswort Thread Starter

Worked fine for 18 months. Suddenly 'cartidge not recognized or found' is what I get. I use refilled cartidges, latest are both new (3rd usage since refill) and never had problems before. Cleaned cartridges, no improvement.

Is it worth bothering to try and get the problem fixed ; or should I just buy another (£60 on special at PCW)

bob

2. maceman

maceman

Hi,
    Just try few times to take off the cartridges, if it won't help just buy new.
    It's not worth bothering. Printers die young :D

3. wordswort

wordswort Thread Starter

Thanks maceman. Toook it to Cartridge World. Replaced B&W cartridge. Printed fine in shop. Prints on my PC now ; but won't align. Messages : "alignment page not found on scanner ; alignment failed ; and the most curious : "USB or wireless connection not found".

Now it knows it has printed stuff (not just the align doct) so I wonder why it's lying to me.

Anyway, the CWorld chap said it was in good nick, and clearly hardly used - which is correct.

I think I'll carry on using it even though it won't align, and ignore the USB and other messages.

Technology, eh? gotta love it.

bob

4. cybersloth

cybersloth

just a side note, some printer manufacturers use a chip in the cartrege to prevent refilling, i recon they make there money on the cartrages and crap not the printers.

p.s. Ink sux, I like toner. laser printers are cheaper than they used to be... Food for thaught.

c..

5. wordswort

wordswort Thread Starter

My friend at Cartridge world told me that new cartridges are not always new ; that PCW/HP recycle old cartridges returned to them. But my problem was not caused with refilled cartridge-blocking : I've used CWorld to refill for 18 months without problems.

bob

6. cybersloth

cybersloth

that's cool, it could very well be the printer having an issue, gofa the cheeper alternative, plus recycling is good for our earth.

:)

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice