Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Almost All USB Devices Unknown

906 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'd just like to say I appreciate any help in advance, as this problem is really bothering me.

Background info:

Windows XP SP3
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1GB DDR RAM
GeForce 6100
nForce 410

---

So I've had this computer for awhile, a little over a year. Sometimes my USB mouse would become unresponsive so I'd have to unplug it and replug it in, I thought nothing of it, it was an old mouse. So a few days ago this occurs, I unplug it and plug it back in and I get an 'Unknown USB Device' bubble. I restart and all is well, until I have to print a paper for my sister. I print and nothing comes out, I think its a printer problem until I plug in my camera and get a "Use USB 2.0 for faster speeds", which never came up before. I plug in my phone and I get "Samsung CDMA Technologies" with a yellow !, but no drivers, as there aren't any needed for the Samsung Rant, yet it still won't connect. I reformat after days of being a bit worried about it and the problem still exists after the reformat. I tried leaving it off and unplugged for a half hour and nothing works, even the clean format didn't help..

Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestions.. I'm afraid that somethings failing.

Summary:
USB problems..
- Mouse being detected on and off
- Printer being detected as "Unknown Device" and not working even when drivers are installed.. according to the PC it doesn't even detect it as a printer because it asks me to install one when I press print.
- Reformat and problems still exist
- Camera now detected as a USB 1.1 device and not 2.0
- Cell phone saying drivers are needed when they infact aren't. (Yellow ! on device manager and not connecting when I press connect on the phone)

My USB mouse is the only device that works completely properly.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.