1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

alot of error messages

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sweetcheekies, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

Okay one last thing now that we pretty well have the others sorted out.. well most of them. Okay I get the Microsoft thingy that says send error report or don't send error report alot.. anyone know why this darn thing keeps coming up? When it does if i click send or don't send it don't matter the page I am on is gone. sometimes in the middle of a online game for example just a few mins ago I was at world winner and play word cubes and it did it. this is not the only site but the one it just happened on. any ideas in this area?

Thanks SweetC

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

i reccomending you post this in a previous thread as they know what you did already to fix your pc. but..... it sounds like your flash plugin is messed up. i do not know what flash plugin you use but the one i use isjava

so i reccomend you go in to your control panel and uninstall what you have and install the one from above

3. bobol

bobol

to turn off error reporting service, Go to Services tools-
    C:\WINDOWS\Systems32 folder\services.exe
    OR more easier;-
    start then click Run and type in field;
    services.msc
    at top of window click View then select Detail.
    Now you'll see a list of services in XP and their descriptions.
    Navigate down to yours in paricular, the line that says Error Reporting
    To end the service[at your discretion- seemingly since you, like most of us won't lose sleep reporting every detected system error to microsoft],--go to the General tab and click the stop link [in the middle] and in the StartUp Type drop down menu, click Disabled, then click apply.
    Maybe 'alerter' and 'clip book' are among a couple of other services you can disable without repurcussions too.[index servicing perhaps too is a good one].

4. sweetcheekies

okay have done both.. the one about the java i couldn't find anyjava programs.. in the list.. i downloaded the one u said.. will post back if I have more problems.. thanks. :) one thing.. with the second notice.. what happens now if something happens with the site I am on and I have the error thing turned off.. will i still loose the page or will it just stay on that page and ignore the error?

5. bobol

bobol

I'm only assuming here, but I think the error service wouldn't be for an instant fix or delete the page.It seems only to be a link that allows you to refer the problem to MS so that they'll let you know what the prob might be/and fixes. Most likely the page will do what it's going to do anyway with or without the service active.

6. sweetcheekies

hmmm i still got the error message thingy .. i turned that off and everything? any other ideas?

7. bobol

bobol

wow,that is odd,...should we error report the error reporting. hmmm-I'm stumped,~restarted pc after too I assume? I'll see what I can see about it,but assume I had no luck if I'm not back on this soon.

8. bobol

bobol

9. sweetcheekies

dang well i didn't get the report error thingy but it just closed the page. ughh not able to figure out why i can't run some pages. any other help with this problem?

10. bobol

bobol

maybe some of your internet security settings are high. Go over your Internet Tools/options/Advanced list and see if something checked/ or unchecked that's blocking some sites. Maybe Firewall settings are high/ blocking certain types of sites.? Well at least the nagging popup is gone.

11. bobol

bobol

Maybe the cookies to those sites are now corrupt too,-find them in your cache folder, make a backup of them to somewhere else and then delete the sites cookies from your temporary Internet cache folder.... revisit the sites and see if the new cookies solve the problem..... Also did you run a good virus checker to see if a Trojan hasn't executed some type of denial of service to sites bug?

12. sweetcheekies

well that all seems fine.. i don't know what else it could be. I delete my cookies regularly. and my internet security is set to medium.. changing it lower didnt do anything.. same o same o.. i run housecalls and norton antivirus regularly as well. no virus' or anything else same as adaware i run that and spyguard alot as well.. anything else anyone?

thanks

13. bobol

bobol

what exactly happens on the way to the page.... apparently the MS error report popup is gone now, but does the browser close too, or do you get a specific connection page error code,ie 400 /404 etc.,?

14. sweetcheekies

the page loads.. I was playing at worldwinner.com playing a free game of word cubes.. i start the game and about a minute later i use to get the error message and no matter if i clicked report or don't report it closed the window. Now I don't get the error message it just closes the window on me just that one.. i can have other windows open and it won't close them :( hmmm one sec.. i played a different game on there and it was fine . wonder why that happened?

15. bobol

bobol

hmmm... is it possible others playing that game in particular have problems too, maybe it's a problem AT the server/or site- do a google search on that game and see if others had that problem,Actually look in their techinical support site and see if there aren't firewall restrictions coming into play, or if your internet settings meet their 'needs' :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/205528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice