1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

alphabetize sheets in excel?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by djangojazz, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djangojazz

djangojazz Thread Starter

Is there a VBA Macro to alphabetize multiple sheets in an Excel single Workbook or other code? I do timecards for my employees and someone helped me with a macro that is amazing from a template page. Once transfered though I send it in and it's like 25 people and they need to be alphabetized. I see some people say they can online but what I have tried has not worked and I spend a lot of time just alphabetizing sheets when I would assume a programmer would have figured out how to automate that. Essentially I feel like I'm doing too much unnecessary work. Anyone know a code, filter, or maybe simply an edit tool I never knew about in Microsoft Excel 2003 or 2007? Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

ASAP Utilities - a free add-on for Excel (but I don't know if it works with 2007) will rename selected sheets according to the value in a cell - if you have A in cell A1 on sheet1, B in cell A1 on sheet2, C in cell A1 on sheet three (you can have it anywhere, as long as it is consistent across the selected sheets) - when you run the Sheets, change name of selected sheets to selected cell's value, it changes them rapidly and easily.
    See http://www.asap-utilities.com/index.php

3. bomb #21

bomb #21

By Bill Manville:

Sub SortSheets()
    Dim I As Long, J As Long
    For I = 1 To Sheets.Count
    For J = 1 To I - 1
    If UCase(Sheets(I).Name) < UCase(Sheets(J).Name) Then
    Sheets(I).Move before:=Sheets(J)
    Exit For
    End If
    Next J
    Next I
    End Sub

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Cool, bomb.... :)

5. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/658471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice