1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Alps 5500 printer-file left in printer Que

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pottejo, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pottejo

pottejo Thread Starter

I purchased a new Alps 5500 printer to print water slid decals and have tried every thing I can think of to resolve the problem of the print file being left in the printer que (USB printer cable)after the file has completed printing. I then tried a parallel cable but was unable to print anything. (the operating system is windows XP professional.)

Option 1: Parallel printer cable
    If I use a parallel printer cable and install the print drivers before plugging in the printer and turning it on, a window opens up entitled “Print to file”. Inside the window the curses is flashing next to a line entitled “output file name”. I have tried giving the output file a name and clicking OK but the file never prints. I don't know what name the printer is looking for.
    If I use a parallel printer cable and let windows find the new device and then install the printer drivers, I get a “Printer Error Message” that reads “ Change printer Port to MD_LPTx. I have tried changing the printer port with no success.
    Option 2: USB printer cable
    I have tried using a USB printer cable to print but after printing a few files the printer fails to remove the file from the printer Que. The only way I have found that I can remove the file is to remove the printer drivers and reinstall them again.
    I tried going to the service .msc window without success. (start/run and typing I “service.msc” and then going to the print spooler. I then went to prosperities and recovery tab and changed all three drop-down boxes to “Restart the service”. After that I stopped and restarted the print spooler)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice