1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ALT key does not work

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Warfish, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Warfish

Warfish Thread Starter

Somehow there is no function for my ALT key, i am using windows 98. I do not know how to go into windows registry and fix it. any ideas?

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Neither ALT keys work? Or just the one on the right which you are probably used to using.

3. Warfish

Warfish Thread Starter

Both do not work, I figured at first it was my keyboard not working but i have concluded that it was windows itself.

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

How long ago did this happen? If less than five days, try to restore a previous registry.
    Reboot and hold down the CTRL key until you get the boot menu.
    Choose Command prompt only.
    At the C:\>

Type
    scanreg /restore and press enter
    Choose a reg from before this happened.

See if that makes a difference.

CTRL +ALT+DEL doesn't work? No ALT at all?

Have you uninstalled or installed any new programs? TWEAKS etc? Anything to give a clue?

5. Warfish

Warfish Thread Starter

It happenend about a month a ago, and Ctrl + Alt + Del does not work at all. I am always installing and unistalling due to my small hard drive.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice