1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ALT text stopped working, so my Sims game did too.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Missbookworm, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missbookworm

Missbookworm Thread Starter

When I scroll over an image on the internet (say an Xkcd.com comic), I get Alt text that flashes for a split second, making it unreadable. Big whoop, I can hold the Alt key and read everything just fine for the amount of time it is supposed to be there. Crisis averted.

BUT.

Ever since this little problem started, my Sims 2 game has been screwy... in one way. I click on an object to get my little menu, and it disappears just as quickly as my Alt text on the internet. I never had this problem until about three or four months ago, and I don't know where it could have came from.

I have:
    -Reinstalled my keyboard touchpad
    -Ran an aniti virus, cleared every single temporary file, ran an adware program
    -Reinstalled the keyboard
    -Mucked around with my Internet Options
    -Tried System Restore (Doesn't let me use it no matter what date I choose)

I'm completely lost as to what to do.

I run Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 1501. My internet browser is Internet Explorer, but the problem also occurs on Firefox.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice