1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

alter user settings on vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by yang.vianne, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yang.vianne

yang.vianne Thread Starter

Hi,

This is probably the wrong area for it but I'm desperate for some help.
    How do I send an image file via email without the recipient seeing the path it came from. I don't want my personal details ie: author/system/admin/pc name or folder name to be seen by the recipient.
    Where do I go and how do I change the settings so my personal details are not disclosed to whomever I send a file to in the future?

Thank you so kindly.

2. crazlunatic

crazlunatic

the recipent cannot see these knids of details

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

The path to a file you attach is not sent as part of the email, only the filename itself. If you embed the image (aka inline image) rather than attach it, most clients will remove the file name and use a randomly generated one for the inline image.

Depending on the image format, there may be personal info stored in the image file. For example, pictures taken with a digital camera can include date and time taken, model of camera and I'm sure some models will even include your name if you programed it in. I wouldn't be surprised if some cell phone cameras may embed your phone number.

Your IP address is always available in your email headers, and, depending on your email client, your PC name.

Just send yourself an email and look at the headers to see if your PC name is included. How to view the headers will depend on the email client, but the help should have that info.

HTH

Jerry

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

You can also right-click on the file, select properties, select the details tab, click the "remove properties and personal information" link at the bottom, check the "remove the following properties from the file", click the select all button, click OK, click OK.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!