Altering Bandwidth Using Router Between 3 Computers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ToshibaGuy

I have a question. Everytime I start dling something, I've noticed the speed has decreased every single time. I've also noticed that my roommates are also downloading stuff as well. I'm guessing that they are either stealing bandwidth away from me or they are using more bandwidth than I am. Either way, I want to know if I can alter the amount of bandwidth I can receive. In other words I want to know how to configure the amount of bandwidth I can get from my router to my computer. I have heard of port-forwarding, but I didn't know how to work that. If possible, I want to know how to get 99% of the bandwidth I can actually get, and 1% to my roommates....and yes I know, is pretty evil of me to do such thing...but I'm fed up of bearly dling anything. Thanks for your co-operation.

P.S. I heard that I can set my ports while playing game. So it will not lag. HOw do I set it. Thanks. :eek:

There is no such thing in commercially available home routers for bandwidth throttling. You could set up some sort of proxy server as a gateway to limit users bandwidth. I think there are some Linux solutions that will allow for this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online