Alternate Remote Desktop application for Simultanious Local/Remote Access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FCouples

The title says it all! Basically I have a comp running XP pro and I want to be able to work locally on one user account, with some kind of remote access server running on another XP user account so that the remote account and the local account can be used simultaniously. I know that this cannot be done with XP Pro remote desktop and could be by Windows Server 2003 remote desktop, but i need an alternate solution to make this happen.

Thanks!

-Jeff

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Are you saying you want two people to be doing different things at the same time on the one machine?

FCouples

pretty much, but one is remote and one is local,like windows server 2003 lets you do

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Put "two concurrent users XP" without the quotes into Google. It gives you several sites that explain it.

FCouples

ah ok i see, didn't have the right wording on my query lol... although all i'm seeing is SP2 resolutions and the person running the server doesn't really want to upgrade to SP2, is there any way to do this without it?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
No, not without expensive software. The OS itself has to be able to concurrently multitask. That can be simulated, but is not easy.
Why not upgrade to SP2?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online