Alternative media player for macs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fccabs

I managed to drop and break my ipod tonight so im looking to but a new media device thats mac compatible. Im looking for something with a bigger storage capacity then 80g and a larger screen then an ipod so i can watch films and tv programs on it. I've been looking at the Archos 705 but i've no idea how it gets on wit a mac. Does anyone have ne who can advise or can anyone suggest and alternative???

I managed to drop and break my ipod tonight so im looking to but a new media device thats mac compatible. Im looking for something with a bigger storage capacity then 80g and a larger screen then an ipod so i can watch films and tv programs on it. I've been looking at the Archos 705 but i've no idea how it gets on wit a mac. Does anyone have ne who can advise or can anyone suggest and alternative???
I don't have any experience with the Archos range but after a quick google I came up with this info:

System Requirements:

PC with Windows ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Media Center.
Macintosh OS X or higher (with USB Mass Storage Class support).
Linux (with mass storage device support), USB port.
The Archos 705 WiFi case is a shoulder strap short of being a purse. If Archos ever makes an 805, it'll need a suitcase
Source : Archos Archos 705 Portable WiFi Media Player and Recorder with 80GB

So it appears that portability is being bypassed a bit here with the Archos 705 and CNet's final review thoughts were:

The majority of people are going to find the Archos 705 WiFi's size to be complete overkill. Still, it's hard to reconcile the fact that we ranked the Archos 705 WiFi lower than the smaller, less feature-filled 605 WiFi. When it comes to portable devices, however, less is usually more, and the 705's substantial girth places it well beyond the pocket-size sweet spot. Despite its gigantism, we still believe the Archos 705 WiFi makes an excellent portable video player for those of you who like your technology plus-size.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online