1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Alternative to File Explorer?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by captharry, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. captharry

captharry Thread Starter

Does anyone know a reliable alternative to Windows File Explorer? It doesn't work properly anymore on my computer and I've searched for an alternative online but Malwarebytes blocks the downloads as they contain PUPs.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 56 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 15296 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (148 GB Free); D: 931 GB (585 GB Free); E: 931 GB (666 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., A88XM-A/USB 3.1
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Do a System Restore to a previous date and see if that works.

3. captharry

captharry Thread Starter

Tried that but there were two problems. Firstly the oldest restore point was only 13 days ago, probably not far enough back to pre date my problem. Secondly, it wouldn't restore anyway. The error message thought it might be virus protection getting in the way so I turned both Malwarebytes and Defender off but it still wouldn't restore.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you go to the next screen it will offer more dates. However I don't know how to get System Restore working again.

5. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
  6. captharry

captharry Thread Starter

Great thanks have installed Directory Opus which works fine. Appreciate your time and help. Will now mark as solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220477

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice