Solved Alternative to File Explorer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

captharry

Does anyone know a reliable alternative to Windows File Explorer? It doesn't work properly anymore on my computer and I've searched for an alternative online but Malwarebytes blocks the downloads as they contain PUPs.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 56 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 15296 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (148 GB Free); D: 931 GB (585 GB Free); E: 931 GB (666 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., A88XM-A/USB 3.1
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

captharry

Tried that but there were two problems. Firstly the oldest restore point was only 13 days ago, probably not far enough back to pre date my problem. Secondly, it wouldn't restore anyway. The error message thought it might be virus protection getting in the way so I turned both Malwarebytes and Defender off but it still wouldn't restore.

If you go to the next screen it will offer more dates. However I don't know how to get System Restore working again.

captharry

Great thanks have installed Directory Opus which works fine. Appreciate your time and help. Will now mark as solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online