Alternatives For Viewing Java

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BML

Microsoft doesn't support java VM anymore. So when I do a clean install of windows & internet exporer I can't view java applets or whatever you call them, on web pages that use java animation.

I downloaded a free package from Sun Microsystems called java Web Start and it does work fine now, but this application has more functionality than I need, and probably takes up more space too.

Is there any other alternative, like some kind of simple plug-in to make the browser java-enabled?

Actually, I think the MS one is faster and a much better piece of software than the Sun version. But no matter--we'll all have the Sun version soon enough.

It's actually a good idea to have both for those sites that require one or the other. The default Java can be chosen from the Control Panel.

Mithrilhall

I too, prefer MS VM.

I've had problems with Sun Java and continue to use MS virtual machine with no problems.

sekirt

BML

Where do I get the MS VM? The link above in Elvandil's post will only upgrade over an existing version. I dont have it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts