1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Always Getting Booted

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

I have 4 machines on my network and an XBOX. Two PCs and the XBOX are hard wired to the router the two laptops are wireless. The 2 PCs and one laptop run XP, the newest laptop runs Vista. Every time the XBOX signs in to XBOX Live it disconnects all the machines from the network.

I've been told that the XBOX sends so much information to the router when it signs on that it's overwhelmed and automatically disconnects everything else but the XBOX. Is this possible? If this is the problem what should I be looking for in a router to stop this from happening?

The router I have is a D-Link AirPlus Extreme G. I think it's about 2 - 3 years old, and last month I just downloaded and installed their latest updates and software for that router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice