1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

always open in full screen mode for xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by greatdumb1, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. greatdumb1

greatdumb1 Thread Starter

Were do I find how to set this in xp? I have programs opening in less than full screen and clicking on the maximize button does not always do the trick. Thanks

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

OPEN WINDOWS MAXIMIZED
    Follow the instructions below exactly and your problem should be solved.
    Right click the shortcut icon for IE next to the Start button, choose Properties, change it from 'normal' to 'maximized'. Now open it.
    Now right click any link on the page, choose Open In New Window....don't maximize it....instead, use the mouse to resize it to what you want it to be.
    Now close the FIRST window you opened, and then close the new one you just resized.

Reopen IE from the shortcut icon again, and all windows from now on will be the size you chose and created

3. dannyn

dannyn

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

For EACH program that you want to open Maximized instead of in a normal window, right click the icon you use to start the program then choose Properties. Goto the Shortcut tab, and change the Run: box from Normal window to Maximised.

To do this for Internet Explorer, you have to create a shortcut from the desktop Icon -- right click it and choose create shortcut, then modify and use that shortcut to start IE. You can also modify the IE icon in the Quick Launch bar.

If you have multiple icons (Start Menu, Desktop, and Quick Launch for example) you have to modify each one.

There are some programs that will not maximize though, so if the Maximize button is grayed out, this won't work -- that particular window is set to NOT maximize.

HTH

Jerry

5. greatdumb1

greatdumb1 Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies and and all is well again with my windows xp. I am a senior (71) and window size does matter to me. (greatdumb1)

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

You're Welcome!

If your issue has been resolved you (and ONLY you) can mark this thread Solved by using the Mark Solved button at the Top Left of this thread (above the first post) :)

[​IMG]

7. dannyn

dannyn

FYI..TheOutcaste, that picture is no longer relevant after the site renovation. There is a new easier way now... look here...

Attached Files:

8. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Ya know, I updated my picture and text back then and saved it. But dummy me grabbed the old one without looking.

Thanks for pointing that out! Think I'll DELETE the old one this time.

Jerry

9. dannyn

dannyn

Is there an automated process for you posting things like that, or do you just copy and paste?

10. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Right now I just copy and paste. Got a bunch of canned stuff in various text files. I can open them all in Notetab or Notepad++ and search them all to find things pretty quickly.

I benn telling myself I should write some scripts for Autoit to let me just type a keyword and have it automatically paste the appropriate text, but I figure I'd never remember the keywords.

Found my New "Mark Solved" picture but it's just the button, it doesn't include the View First Unread part; Mind if I steal your screenshot?

Jerry

11. dannyn

dannyn

Nope, go for it! :)
    If you do write the script, let me know.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755079