Am I Missing Any Critical Programs On My PC?

Eileen33

Below is a screenshot of my currently installed programs. Are there any critical ones I'm missing?

download.png

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The private message you sent me shows your computer running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041 64-bit.

Your "Programs And Features" list shows some apps that I recommend you get rid of because they're not needed or shouldn't be used.
BitDefender Agent
BitDefender Antivirus Plus
Java 8 Update 261
Mozilla Maintenance Service

Windows 10's built-in antivirus app (Windows Security aka Windows Defender) should be used instead of a third-party antivirus app.
Using one (i.e. BitDefender) can cause various issues with Windows 10 (including Windows 10 updates failing to install).

I'm glad to see you're using Malwarebytes 4.2.1.89.
I would add SUPERAntiSpyware 10.0.1208 to the mix.
I personally use the free version of both. (y)

-------------------------------------------------

Eileen33

The private message you sent me shows your computer running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041 64-bit.

Your "Programs And Features" list shows some apps that I recommend you get rid of because they're not needed or shouldn't be used.
BitDefender Agent
BitDefender Antivirus Plus
Java 8 Update 261
Mozilla Maintenance Service

Windows 10's built-in antivirus app (Windows Security aka Windows Defender) should be used instead of a third-party antivirus app.
Using one (i.e. BitDefender) can cause various issues with Windows 10 (including Windows 10 updates failing to install).

I'm glad to see you're using Malwarebytes 4.2.1.89.
I would add SUPERAntiSpyware 10.0.1208 to the mix.
I personally use the free version of both. (y)

-------------------------------------------------
Thank you flavallee :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts