1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen Does Not Connect to Wifi

Discussion in 'Other Mobile Devices' started by Minhaz, Jan 19, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Minhaz

Minhaz Thread Starter

Hello. I bought an Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3. I try everything it says to do but when It says to connect to my wifi it gives Error 9:1:109:14:1. I contacted amazon customer service. They do not know anything. And The amazon help forum said they are trying to solve the problem. DO you guys know any other way to get it connected?

Also sometime this device tells to select Amazon XXX as wifi. But When i do so I get an error saying Amazon XXX wifi is unavailable.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are you sure you are getting a good signal at the Echo Dot's location? (I ask this first because if I move mine about six inches I cannot get a connection.)

Are you trying to connect to 2.4 or 5 GHz? If you have both, have you tried the other?

Unplug the Echo Dot. Unplug your wireless router or access point. Wait about 30 seconds. Plug in the router/access point. Wait until it "settles." Plug in the Echo Dot and try again to connect. Any difference?

3. Minhaz

Minhaz Thread Starter

Thank you for replying. Yes the connection is good. I have only 2.4 GHz connection type. I did unplug, researted waited 1 min and replugged, installed alexa app again . did all the process 15 times. but it can not connect

And when I connect from my wifi to Amazon XXX wifi it says amazon xxx wifi is not avalable and I have to select my MTS connection. I click and put pass but it cannot connect. But If I give wrong pass, then I get different error message.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry, I have no more ideas on this.

5. Minhaz

Minhaz Thread Starter

ok. np. thanks.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I had an issue with mine but that's because I left mine on while I was looking at the instructions.

To confirm, you are able to connect the app to the Dot via Bluetooth so you can configure the wireless information?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice