Amazon Fire HD8 tablet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nascarjrfan

I recently changed my password for my Yahoo email. My laptop, iPad and iPhone all accept my new password, the Amazon Fire tablet does not. This is the message I get:
Checking server settings....

Unable to Set Up Account
Message from your email provider: Email address or password incorrect.

I have repeatedly retyped both my email address and the new password and tried several times.

Last edited by a moderator:

TerryNet

Terry
Using Yahoo's web mail gui? If so, which browser?

If using an email client, which one?

nascarjrfan

I don't know what you mean by Yahoo's web mail gui. The browser is Silk on the tablet. I also don't know what you mean by email client.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The client is the email app on your phone. What is the name of yours?

Sometimes the issue could be due to authentication and the device may not be able to connect with the new updated password.

Try using the 2nd password (app password) that should allow your device to connect:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/generate-third-party-passwords-sln15241.html

Basically it's a special password that will allow other programs to connect that cannot use 2 factor authentication.

TerryNet

Terry
Yahoo's web mail gui is what you should get if you type https://mail.yahoo.com into the address bar of Silk (or any other browser).

The Email App is the default email client on your Amazon Fire Tablet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online