1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Amazon Fire Tablet -factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by dennisthechemist, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dennisthechemist

dennisthechemist Thread Starter

Amazon advise deregistering the tablet from my Amazon account before factory reset if you want to pass it on to someone else. I don't, I just want to do the factory reset to resolve problems and get rid of undeletable apps. Do I still need to deregister first, and if I do will I lose my cloud-stored data?

2. dennisthechemist

Thanks for the emailed reply, but this was the one I referred to in my original question. As I said, I don't want to transfer the tablet to another owner. I just want the benefits of a factory reset so
    1. do I really need to deregister it from my Amazon account, and
    2. if I do, can I re-register under the same Amazon account (mine) without losing cloud-backed up data?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    No.

If you have another registered device you will not lose data.
    If you have no other registered device you will probably not lose data, but I am not sure.

4. dennisthechemist

Thanks Terrynet, and for your quick reply. Still need those two Qs answered. Addition -sorry, just seen your "no" answer, so I just need to know whether I need to deregister before resetting, or just leave alone.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  5. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    I reset my Amazon Fire tablet and didn't lose any cloud data. That's the great thing about cloud data. It's not tied to a device. It's tied to an account.

6. dennisthechemist

Good to hear that AmyToo. Thank you. I just want to be sure of my next step: did you deregister your tablet from your Amazon account before the reset, then re-register, or neither?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  7. dennisthechemist

Hi Amy. Thanks for that. Did you deregister your tablet prior to your factory reset?

8. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    No. I didn't do anything with registration.

9. dennisthechemist

Thanks Amy -just what I was waiting for. I was about to do same until I saw the Amazon advice, which, because their blurb wasn't complete, was misleading. I've reset it now and it runs like a new one, thanks to you and Terrynet. Thanks you guys!

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice