Solved Amazon Fire TV app not loading

mpeet611

Hello, I'm trying to help my brother in law solve a weird issue he's having with his Amazon Fire TV Stick. Last night he opened the amc app so he could watch the walking dead Season Premiere but at some point after the show started the app stopped playing audio but continued playing picture while it was trying to load the audio. He tried using the amc app on both of his fire tv sticks again today and had the exact same issue on both TV's. All of the other apps that are on his 2 fire tv sticks continue to operate normally. I even tried the amc app on my fire tv stick and on my tv the amc app works normally but on my brother in law's 2 fire tv sticks the amc app will only play picture.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.
Thank You in Advance

TerryNet

Terry
Has he tried clearing the application data?

If not, the process is in the "Video Issues on Your Amazon Fire TV Device" section in the User Guide.

If that doesn't work I know of no other fix except to uninstall/reinstall the app.

mpeet611

Has he tried clearing the application data?

If not, the process is in the "Video Issues on Your Amazon Fire TV Device" section in the User Guide.

If that doesn't work I know of no other fix except to uninstall/reinstall the app.
Hi Terry, I'm assuming this is what you meant by clearing the application data. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cust...tv_c_Clear-App-Data-and-Cache-on-Fire-TV-Devi
I'll tell my brother in law to try it and once i hear back from him i'll let you know if it worked or not.

mpeet611

Just heard from my brother in law and clearing the app data fixed his issue on one of his 2 fire tv sticks. On his second fire tv stick he had to reinstall the app. Now that everything appears to be fixed thanks for the help terry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online