1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Amd 2400

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PhatHocker, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhatHocker

PhatHocker Thread Starter

I have an AMD T-bred 2400 XP Processor in my work computer. Lately it has been restarting out of the blue and saying it recovered from a serious error. I thought it was heat related so I put in a few more fans and closed the case up. I looked in the BIOS and saw that the system was running at a very hot 60 Degrees Celcius. I don't have any more room to install fans and I have the PS, CPU, an intake, and exhaust fans running all the time. The last time it rebooted though, I decided to send an error report. After that, it said the problem was driver related. I really am confused now because I don't know what is causing my computer to reboot so much. Any tips on reducing CPU temp or solving this driver problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

You don't indicate what OS you're using, so presuming it's XP, if you go into Control Panel>System, then the Advanced tab, in the Startup and Recovery section, click on the Settings button.

There you can take the check mark off of "Automatically Restart"...this may give you the opportunity to see what the error is.

Another option is in Admin Tools>Even Viewer, you might be able to see the problems.

Hope this helps,

MBN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!