1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD 3400+ Lap top running at 790 MHZ

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keenrw, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keenrw

keenrw Thread Starter

Hi

My mate has just brought a lap top PC with a AMD64 3400+ CPU and an ATI 9700 Graphics card , when he showd me i noticed that its running really slow ..it should be way faster them mine in games but it seams slower .
    So i ran DXDIAG and it says the CPU is running at 790MHZ ???? for the 3400+ it should be in the reagon of about 2 - 2.5 GIG , my 2800 is saying 2.3.
    I then installed 3D Mark 2003 in his lap top and got a score 980 points , mine got 1690. In a review his one should get about 3000 plus .

Any ideas what up with his lap top ? i could not see any thing wrong in the BIOS settings .

Its a FUGI SEIMONS ( sorry cant spell it lol ) model .

Thanks
    Rich

2. norton850

norton850

What exactly does it say about it in BIOS?

3. keenrw

keenrw Thread Starter

To Be honest i could not see any thing to do with CPU or clock speeds etc , maybe theres an option i over looked or theres a hidden menu some were . my MB has a hidden menu that i can get into if i use CTRL and one of the F numbers .

Rich

4. norton850

norton850

Do you mean that you get into BIOS and don't see anything listed or that on your friend's machine you can't get into Bios?

5. keenrw

keenrw Thread Starter

yeah i can get into the BIOS ok but cant see any thing listed to change the CPU/clock settings , thats what makes me think theres a hidden menu or some thing .

Rich

6. norton850

norton850

It's usually under "Advanced", but it's possible that to make changes jumpers have to be changed on the MB. Nothing in the manual I suppose?

7. keenrw

keenrw Thread Starter

Nope he never brought the manual over dohh , but i thought these things would have been done proir selling it . I will give him a ring an a mo and see if the manual has some sought of motherboard / Bios info .

Rich

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice