1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD 64 3000+ Temps?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zipp080, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zipp080

Zipp080 Thread Starter

What should the average temp be for this? And when should I be worried? With the side panel off, and 1 case fan missing, the BIOS is reading it at 42-48 C or 110 F. Is this high, or will the extra case fan on the side cover help to cool much?

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

HiZipp080.
    110 F. really isn't bad at all. Mine runs at about 114-120 F. Putting the extra case fan on the side cover drawing air into the case should help cool it even More.
    Make sure the other case fan is pulling the air out of the case.

John

3. Zipp080

Zipp080 Thread Starter

Alrighty, thanks.

Anohter question though, I looked in the voltage gage in the BIOS, and the bottom 2 (I believe 5v and 12v) keep jumping from grey to RED. When its low, its red, when its high its grey. Is there something wrong there? I would think it would be the other way around. I am using a 400w p/s.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!