1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD 64 bit temperature?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by onyx44, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. onyx44

onyx44 Thread Starter

I have a AMD 64 bit 3200+ and when i turn on my computer to check the CPU temperature its already at about 62 degree celcius. 62?!?!??! thats insane? i check my case temperature read out one one of my cd rom bays and it says the case temp is 24 C. which is pretty damn good. I was wondering is 62 degrees Celcius what the 64's are suppose to run at? also after leaving computer on/gaming it never gets higher than 67 degrees celcius.
    I have a MSI MS-6702 K8t Neo motherboard. room stays cool and (since i bought the computer from a manufacturer) i assume the CPU was installed right.
    Any info guys?
    thanks

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

62C at rest is a bit warm. Although it's not terribly out of spec with a athlon 64 with a stock heatsink.. If your planning on heavy gaming with that machine you may wish to invest in some better cooling equipment and paste..

AMD's white papers on the athlon 64's list normal operating temps 60C-65C..

3. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Hi gotrootdude,

My previous post was deleted because I mixed up the temps that were posted....don't know what I was thinking....old age and tired I guess.....I was thinking he was talking about F temps and not C temps and that was why the mix up.

Anyway, Onyx44, gotrootdude is telling you correctly that it is running too hot for that temp at rest. If mine, I would like to see it much cooler for at rest work.

Thanks gotrootdude for calling that one correctly Much appreciated and sorry for the mixup in the temp area. Best for tonight I hit the sack...just too tired for this stuff tonight.

4. onyx44

onyx44 Thread Starter

Hey guys thanks for replying to my post. just want to let you know once i updated my K8t Neo bios driver it (under the fix results) fixes a falty CPU temp read out. CPU temperature is now clocking at 42 degrees celcius... : )

P.S. i have a new post at
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=1892803#post1892803

resulting to my biggest problem of all. see if you can help out there : (
    thanks.
    ~onyx44~

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/266776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice