1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD Data Change - Update New Data to DMI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Norfolk, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Norfolk

Norfolk Thread Starter

Hello
    I get this message on every boot, befor OS loading: "AMD Data Change - Update New Data to DMI"
    I flashed my MB withe the lastest bios; even old bioses but it keep showing.
    I reset cmos, change battery disconect all unecessary hardwars without success.
    What is updating and is there a solustion ?

Please help

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Look in the BIOS for a setting called update ESCD
    and disable it.

3. Norfolk

Norfolk Thread Starter

ThX leroys, it's allrady disabled
    This is my config:
    MB Abit A-S78H (AMD 780G chipset)
    AMD Athlon X2 4800+
    2 GO DDR2 Samsung
    Hitachi Deskstar 500 GO

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You get that msg because the bios has detected a hardware change. This can be cpu speed, ram speed, etc.

Does the system run OK after it boots?

Since that is an abit board, does it use the uguru thing and is that disabled?

5. Norfolk

Norfolk Thread Starter

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I was doing some looking at the abit site. No manual to download so this is just a guess. Does the EQ function check temps, etc on bootup? If so, I would disable this in the bios.

I used to use abit boards a long time ago however they do have some flaky bios that do some strange things.

7. Norfolk

Norfolk Thread Starter

I took a round in bios and i have disabled Eqfan, Cool&quite... but no success;
    look what Gigabyt Faq say :

Q:When switching on the PC there is always a message at BIOS POST "K8 NPT Data change... Update New Data to DMI", what does this message mean?

A:It means that data of the memory registry of K8 processor has been updated to DMI when the system is turned on. Those data are aimed to be written back to processor when PC wakes up from sleep mode of S3(STR).

In my case K8 npt is replaced by AMD.
    I have Emailed ABIT many times but it seem that ABIT is down and there is no tech support.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Abit used to build fine boards. I used many of their boards 10yrs ago. Since then, they have fallen on hard times in both the design and quality control of their products. You can hope this is addressed by a bios update in the future however I would NOT hold my breath waiting for them to fix the problem.

9. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

10. Norfolk

Norfolk Thread Starter

Thx leroy,in my bios there is only 2 options: S3 and S1, in both of theme i still get this message. look here what i found on a gigabyt's FAQ :
    Q:When switching on the PC there is always a message at BIOS POST "K8 NPT Data change... Update New Data to DMI", what does this message mean?

A:It means that data of the memory registry of K8 processor has been updated to DMI when the system is turned on. Those data are aimed to be written back to processor when PC wakes up from sleep mode of S3(STR).

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/FAQ_List.aspx?FAQID=2495&ProductID=2579
    Then i presum that this message is normal and it is in relation with power management of the CPU.
    Crjdriver, ABit are shuttin down their MB division, then there is no hope on a new bios releas.
    Thank u everybody and excuse my bad english.....

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/818319