1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD Drivers SNAFU

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ryanhe, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanhe

ryanhe Thread Starter

Hi all,

Got a bit of a problem. I decided to update the drivers of my video card (Radeon HD6850) and now I get no display out to the monitor (its an old Sony 21" CRT running through a VGA adapter if it makes a difference). Originally, it seemed like it was an issue when I would try to run both the monitor and my tv through the hdmi port at the same time. But now after reinstalling Windows 7, the display goes dark before the login screen if the TV is hooked up or not. Any ideas? I know its not hardware (WinXP works great) and I've tried to go back to a previous version of the driver both times.

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

r:
    What happens if you boot to "last known good config"?
    Do that before safe mode, because when booting to safe mode, the "last known good config" is wiped out.

THEN, try safe mode.

Would you describe yourself as a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?

Please provide the steps, to include download sites for the update process you followed.

Is it a dual boot system?

The the specs in your computer profile applicable to the computer with the probelm?

How did you do that without video output?

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice