1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD no ACHI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CoePC, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CoePC

CoePC Thread Starter

Hello guys i have a AMD C-60 computer and i dont see ACHI in my bios what do i need to do to get it or where do i find it. please i would really appreciate it

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    AMD C-60 is a processor, what's the actual laptop you have?

You probably do have AHCI and it's likely enabled by default.

Also, moved to the hardware section.

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    AHCI should be in the BIOS usually under configuration or a setting like that.if its set for that it has vista or windows 7 or 8 on it.To run xp it has to be set for SATA,ATA,IDE, compatability or legacy.if you cant find it ask someone knowledgeable to find the setting for you.if you still dont find it then i would say theres a problem with the computer that needs looked into.

4. CoePC

CoePC Thread Starter

Hello and thank you i d see a legacy setting and i choose that but i still dont see at SATA settings or anything but it did say it would be compatable with wins 7,and xp so is that the right chioce?

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Usually there is 2 settings AHCI and one other one to use.AHCI is for vista and windows 7 and legacy is usually used if you are installing xp.the only time ive seen the legacy choice tho has been in ibm/lenovo laptop computers.so if you are wanting to install xp then use the legacy setting then hit F10 to save your choice and exit.i do know that if you use the AHCI setting to install xp on you will get a blue screen.

6. ChumCaster

ChumCaster Banned

If you could tell us 1. Why you're looking for AHCI settings 2. What computer brand and model you have or 3. What motherboard you're using if you have a custom rig, that would be really, really helpful. In fact without knowing, what OS you are running and what you want to accomplish, it's impossible to serve up a useful answer.

7. CoePC

CoePC Thread Starter

im looking at the setting because i want to change it too ACHI and i don't know how to do that and i dont know if i may be in that setting without knowing.I have a AMD C-60 Laptop my model is 169A my brand is Insyde KBC Version 84.07 what do you mean by os?

8. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    The OS is the operating system like windows xp, vista, or 7.

9. CoePC

CoePC Thread Starter

oh im using windows 8

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Again AMD C-60 is a processor not a laptop, what laptop do you have? There should be an actual model number on the bottom of the laptop or on the box the laptop came in if new. Is it an Acer, eMachines, Gateway, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, etc.... and what exact model is it?

You still haven't told us why you think you need to enable AHCI, if its a new laptop AHCI is enabled, if its a really new laptop with UEFI instead of a traditional BIOS it may not have an option to change it from AHCI to anything else and therefore not actual user visible AHCI/SATA option.

Are you wanting to downgrade to Windows 7 or downgrade to Windows XP or what is the end goal here?

11. CoePC

CoePC Thread Starter

yes im trying to downgrade it to xp and it is hp compaq cq58 laptop tell me if you need anymore info on it

12. CoePC

CoePC Thread Starter

and it has uefi do you think i could downgrade bios as wel to get the ACHI/SATA option?

13. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I think i now understand the problem. if its a brand new laptop or desktop with windows 8 in it from what ive heard a lot of them absolutely will not let you change the operating system to anything else but 8 because of some configuration in the motherboard or bios.So if you are wanting to put anything else in there such as windows 7 or even xp you wont be able to because thats the way the computer is set up.so im afraid that you are stuck with windows 8 since it seems like the computer has the limitations that i explained.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice