1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

amd phem II x4 (x2) 555 unlocked but not overclocked. please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fretman08, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

ok so i just recently bought the processor listed above and the mobo to go with it. asus m487td i believe with the core unlock switch. well i successfully unlocked the other two cores but i now want to overclock them to 3.90 ghz. ive been told this can be achieved successfully at the stock voltage but i have no idea how to go about doing this. please help!

2. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

anybody??

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, there is NO safe overclock. Remember do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace.
    Next have you read the sticky guide regarding overclocking? Read that and then ask your questions.

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Yeah Unlocking cores and then expecting them to go to 3.9GHz on stock voltage is quite a high expectation. Each AMD Phenom x2 has a different reason for having 2 cores locked. Sometimes it is because AMD is under demand to produce dual core chips. Other times it is because the cores are faulty and threw up to many errors during testing so they locked them. Either way I think you will find that you start to get errors on the cores that you unlocked unless you give them a bit more voltage and make sure they are kept as cool as possible. I think that 40c on idle is pushing it because when you start stressing a CPU it will go up in temperature quite a lot.

Jack-O-Bytes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice