1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD processor comparison

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wolfworx, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

I have two computers and am curious regarding their expected relative performance.

#1 - AMD Athlon 64 X dual core 5000+ 2.6 GHz, 2 GB memory running Vista Home Premiun

#2 - AMD Sempron LE 1250 2.19 GHz, 1GB memory running Win XP Prof.

I expect better performance with Computer #1, but how much better?

I use the computers for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Paint Shop Pro, Email and Web browsing.

I just ran Fresh Diagnosis' Processor Benchmark test and got a pretty close comparison of the two: #1 = 9839 MDIPS, #2 = 9521 MDIPS.

Can anyone provide some details on the differences?

2. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

Just tested a third computer.

#3 - AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.19 GHz, ! GB RAM, Win XP Home
    Fresh Diagnosis' Processor Benchmark test = 6577 MDIPS.

What could account for the wide difference between this and the other two? Cany anyone suggest another speed test?

3. D X Mage

D X Mage

Vista is a HUGE pig. But aside from that a better comparison is made if you have the same version of OS installed on all the systems as a fresh install at that. Vista is the equivalent of having tons of spyware and DRM on your system slowing it down.... OH wait that is exactly what it is. =)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice