AMD Processors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chuck77

Howdy,

Does anyone know the reason for the price difference between the
following two AMD 9950's?

HD995ZFAGH BOX RETAIL $179.99

HD995ZFAJ4BGH OEM $289.00

I have been told that the OEM should be the cheaper of the two.

What am I missing?

Thanks Much
Chuck77

Have no idea. How about a link to the site?

Perhaps the OEM includes a motherboard... AMD has recently dropped their prices (again) as their top in Quad parts don't sell as well. AMD's best market area is under $100 CPUs.

Recommendtion: Get the cheaper one ;)

chuck77

Ok Compiler,

Thanks for ur help.

I am thinking of building a system using AMD all the way.

I have always been for the underdog.

Chuck77

The trick is to find a board that is 100% compatible with the Phemom X4 CPU (power issues). I'd recommened checkout out Phenoom support groups as well as posts on newegg.com of people having good results with the chips.

Most AMD 790 boards in the $125+ price range SHOULD work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online