Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD replacement help!

661 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Brennantic 
#1 ·
Hello folks, i am new to tech stuff. I used to work to an AMD system built by a friend of mine. I usually like to do audio and video editing. So -- audio quality is important for me but then at the same time I also play games once in awhile. Are there any recommendations for an upgrade? what brand is good for the purposes above mentioned?

My price range for this is 300$ right now i am having FM2-A55M-E33 Msi and i wanna change this for real for better.

help please? Thank you s much in advance.

#3 ·
Actually i want to a new computer, but of course, if i can reuse some components it would be fine for my wallet ;)

I am having AMD A10 processor, but i am thinking to switch to a discrete graphics card with higher performance. For my audio i saw some HI FI motherboards from biostar stating strong focus on that features. Hi Fi AMP and Hi-Fi Resistors seem to be what I am looking for?? any experience with that?

#4 ·
i am using A55S3 from biostar and so far there is nothing bad to say. Of course Hi fi is only a marketing label, but the features are pretty cool. Its a fine choice if you dont wanna spend extra for an discrete sound card. Anyway i would not put too much importane on that at the end as it really depends on your subjective sensitivity on audio quality. Really useful is the smart ear 3d that gives you better 3D sound for your headphones!

For you the real question is, if an upgrade is really needed with what you have. Just be aware that a motherboard itself will never enhance performance. CPU will have much more impact.

#5 ·
hello gibson66,

i just had the chance to try the smart ear in a computer store nearby. I could really hear the difference. Its amazing. Now i have an Biostar A85W 3D and i am quite happy with it. I got a bundle that also contains a new processor and they took my old components for a cash-in. So i made a really nice deal =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.