Amd ryzen 3

Iori

Hello, I’m fairly new to the PC world and looking to build a budget gaming pc. I wanted to know if the Ryzen 3 3200g with an RX 570 or 560 is solid for gaming. If so, how many frames am I looking at if I’m playing something like Warzone or paladins/Overwatch? Thanks!

Both options would be good for a mid-range gaming computer for 1080p resolution, not too sure on the fps side of this though but I doubt any lower than 30fps for those games.

crjdriver

If you can afford a 3600X, that would be a significant upgrade. The AMD 5xx series of video cards are decent however they are also pw hungry. Be sure and get a quality pw supply for the build.
Post your complete parts list prior to purchasing anything.

Iori

If you can afford a 3600X, that would be a significant upgrade. The AMD 5xx series of video cards are decent however they are also pw hungry. Be sure and get a quality pw supply for the build.
Post your complete parts list prior to purchasing anything.
The 3600x is out of my range. A bit too pricey for me. How about a ryzen 5 3400g with an rx 570 8gb? Sounds good?

Iori

Both options would be good for a mid-range gaming computer for 1080p resolution, not too sure on the fps side of this though but I doubt any lower than 30fps for those games.
i’m definitely getting the rx 570 8gb I just don’t know what processor to get for optimal performance at a low price. I’ll be gaming at 1080p at low to mid settings. I’ll only push it to high to ultra settings when playing single player games

crjdriver

If you are on a tight budget, be sure and get a quality ie NOT cheap pw supply.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The 3200G and 3400G have built-in graphics you won't need.
I would go for a 3600 if you can, or even a 2600, both are better.

Or a 3300X if you can find it !

Last edited:

Iori

The 3200G and 3400G have built-in graphics you won't need.
I would go for a 3600 if you can, or even a 2600, both are better.

Or a 3300X if you can find it !
I can definitely afford that 2600. Would that pair well with an rx 570 and which motherboard should I use? Thank!

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I can definitely afford that 2600. Would that pair well with an rx 570 and which motherboard should I use? Thank!
I don't game so I can't say for sure that the 2600 and the rx570 would make a good match, I think they will though.

As for a motherboard I like Asus and Gigabyte but I'm not familiar with their newest motherboards.
I think crjdriver could advise you about a motherboard better than I could.

crjdriver

You can use that board however do understand that the 3xxx processors are not supported until bios P2.30. Since that board is now about two years old, I highly doubt it shipped with a bios late enough to support a 3xxx processor.
Most [however not all] of the 450 chipset boards do not have native support for the 3xxx series processors and need a bios update in order to run those processors.

You would need to have a 1xxx or 2xxx processor sitting around that you could use to flash the bios then install a 3xxx.
AMD used to have a loaner program where they would ship you an old processor to use for a bios flash then you ship it back to them. I do not think this program is still in effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online