amd ryzen 5 1600 af ompatible with x570-p motherboard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnpdelacruz26

Hello. I would lile to ask if the new ryzen 5 1600 AF cpu is compatible with asus x570-p prime motherboard?

crjdriver

No. First gen ryzen ie 1xxx series are generally not supported by X570 boards.

crjdriver

OK, none of the boards I know of support a 1xxx processor. If you want support for that processor, you need either a 470 or 370 board. You first need to know what motherboard you want then you check the support page for that board.

crjdriver

OK, you are not understanding. You need to check to specific motherboard support page for compatibility. As I said, I do not know of ANY X570 board that will support a 1xxx chip.

johnpdelacruz26

OK, none of the boards I know of support a 1xxx processor. If you want support for that processor, you need either a 470 or 370 board. You first need to know what motherboard you want then you check the support page for that board.
I see. thats probably the reason why it doesn't show up in pcpartpicker's list.
Thanks for clearing things up. I almost bought it, It looks quite good but I am trying to build in a mobo that would be somewhat future proof for a couple of years.

I would like to ask what motherboard you could recommend that would support the upcoming 4000 series components? From what I know, The x570 is the only safe choice right now.

crjdriver

It is unknown at this time however my guess is that X470 and X570 boards will support 4gen ryzen. You will of course need a bios update in order to run a 4gen processor. A lot of the high end boards have what is called bios flashback; you do not need a processor to even be installed to flash the bios. Note this is only on the higher end boards.

johnpdelacruz26

It is unknown at this time however my guess is that X470 and X570 boards will support 4gen ryzen. You will of course need a bios update in order to run a 4gen processor. A lot of the high end boards have what is called bios flashback; you do not need a processor to even be installed to flash the bios. Note this is only on the higher end boards.
Thanks. I already bought an asus x570-p motherboard. If I have not asked first I would have requested another item return. I would probably stick with 2600 right now or the 3400g. Thanks again.

crjdriver

You need to check the individual support page. For a 2xxx processor, generally no you would not need any bios update. For a 3xxx probably not however IF a processor was released after the motherboard was mfg, then you might need an update.

crjdriver

Just as an example, the board you listed supports a R9 3900 from bios 1201 and onward only. If the board has an earlier bios, then you would need to flash to a later bios IF you wanted a 3900.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts