1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD system randomly shutting down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dakotablanton96, Nov 16, 2019.

1. dakotablanton96

dakotablanton96 Thread Starter

Thanks for looking at my post im new and i know a bit about computers but this has really stummped me and i cant figure it out so im reaching out, i appreciate any attemp in helping me solve my problem. Now for a few months now i have been expereinceing a problem with my computer either restarting completely or it freezeing mid-use, while gaming watching youtube or even on the event viewer which was my most recent restart.i have noticed that it will freeze and my rgb keyboard and ram will freeze but my case lights wont, while gaming and i have to manually push the power button and restart it that way but if im surfing the web or anything it just reboot. The temps never get above about 66Degeres Celcius. i have a gigabgyte ga-ac370m-ds3h motherboard a Ryzen 5 2600 cpu AMD Radeon xfx rx580 4gb gpu dual stick 16gb 3000mghz rgb corsair vengance ram a cx650m corsair psu.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A few things jump out at me;
    1 Corsair cx pw supply. This is a pw supply designed for basic use ie running office, email, etc NOT running a gaming card. The only corsairs that are up to running a gaming type video card are the AX, HX, or RM models
    2 Corsair vengeance ram. This ram works very well in ryzen builds; I have used it myself in a number of builds however it requires 1.35V ram voltage. Have you set the correct ram voltage in the bios?

What are you using to monitor temps? Gigabyte has purpose designed monitoring software on the support page for your board. It is called system information viewer [Note you must install app center first]
    Have you monitored your voltages; both under normal load and while stress testing? If not, do so and post the result here along with temps. Use either prime95 or OCCT for stress testing. Let the test run for at least 2min to stabilize temps/voltages.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice