1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD vs. INTEL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mshabsovich, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshabsovich

mshabsovich Thread Starter

Why do some of the AMD cpus have 2ghz FSB and Intel has 800fsb as the highest. why is there such a huge difference? what does FSB give you anyway?

what is the difference between cache and FSB?

2. mshabsovich

mshabsovich Thread Starter

anybody?

3. Dethred

Dethred

FSB is the speed at which a computer's components interact and send data. Most new intel chips have 800mhz FSB's and AMD has 1000mhz HT which is comparable. The difference is negligable at best. When I overclocked my AMD CPU I had the HT multiplier down to 4x or 800mhz and there was no performance difference. Anything below that and you might see a difference. The biggest difference between most Athlon 64 chips and Intel is the 64 bit processing, gaming performance, and operating temps are much lower on newer Athlon cores compared to Prescott Intel cores.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice