1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AMD will not recognize correct graphs card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Varcul, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Varcul

Varcul Thread Starter

Hi,
    After a fresh win 7 OS install, my AMD graphics properties now recognizes the Radeon hd 6520g as the primary graphics and the hd 6750m as the linked?
    In the sys tray, AMD settings control, it has the hd 6520g set as both 1 and 2. 1 has the normal 3d settings control with which I can change, but this again is only for the hd 6520g , number 2 says "extended desktop only" which seems to do nothing when clicked.
    When I play games you can tell its only the one graphs card working.

Normally with AMD systray control options 1 is the primary driver (hd 6750m) and 2 is the secondary (hd 6520g) and both had separate control settings under the AMD sys tray, eg mipmap detail etc.

Normally after a fresh OS install all I have to do is click windows update which finds the Radeon hd 6750m and hd 6520g drivers (I CANNOT FIND THESE DRIVERS ANYWHERE ON THE WEB, for my machine) and install. I then install, from official hp site, the corresponding AMD cata suite and it has been fine in the past.

I'm thinking there is a reg file or a AMD file somewhere that is not getting deleted with the the fresh uninstall and this file is keeping incorrect settings and over-riding any fresh installs, I cannot find it myself, other than that I have no idea.

I downloaded (AMD uninstall) and retried a fresh install of catalyst, didnt work, I used uninstall again and tried the AMD beta cata suite and pretty much every compatible driver I could find but it always only recognizes the Radeon hd 6520g as the primary and secondary as I mentioned earlier, I just cannot get AMD to recognize the right graphs cards.

I have an HP Pavilion Dv6-6b00AX (Australian model), A6-3410MX quad, with duel radeon graphs hd 6750m (Primary) and hd 6520g (secondary, less powerful card).

PLZ help, Cheers!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You shouldn't need to install the drivers from both Windows Update and AMD, you're simply duplicating the driver install and possibly causing driver conflicts. I'd skip the Windows Update driver update in the future.

So then you'd go to the HP website which of course should have all the correct and validated drivers for your laptop for WIndows 7 64-bit: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5178920#N366

3. Varcul

Varcul Thread Starter

Hey mate,
    I know what you mean I use a usb with all drivers specific for my lappies from that exact hp site. I usually only have to ,like you said:), install AMD cata (specific for the model in question of coarse) from hp site and install, but this specific model i'm on none of the specific HP or AMD site drivers would convert the display/graphics driver from VGA to their proper Radeon spec it is strange. This was after a clean OS install and another clean OS b4 I tried directly from AMD site, just in case, (Normally I use Amd uninstall with any other lappy and delete any remaining folders in swsetup and programs etc , when trying out the betas etc and have never had a problem). Which makes me think, that something is conflicting in the boot possibly?

So in a nutshell I have to download the the radeon drivers from windows updater just for the AMD cata suite to recognize their is a graphics adapter for an install.

ps atm all drivers seem to be working fine except the hd 6750m will just not recognize. I can still play games in low settings etc, access everything and download with no conflicts or error pop ups.

Why didn't I just use recovery manager ahhhhhhhh

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7?

Can you still run the Recovery Manager?

5. Varcul

Varcul Thread Starter

Hey mate thx for the replies,

Yes I have sp1

No I cannot access my recovery, after my first OS install on this machine it removed the recovery altogether. I tried to access it on boot up too, says accessing recovery manager but then just loads up windows as normal.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Did you by chance make the recovery discs?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1105471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice