1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

American Megatrends - CPU Over Temperature ERROR

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brigeatenex, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brigeatenex

brigeatenex Thread Starter

Ok, so before you reply, please make note that I didn't build this pc myself, it was custom built in a company by order. I don't know a thing about inside of computer. Of course, I know the main parts, but repairing or tinkering, nooo.

Pc specs:
    Intel i5-2400 3.1 Ghz Quad Core
    8 GB of RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 550ti Graphics Card.

The thing is, in my opinion, this pc is properly cooled and built, because I've been having it for almost a year and I've never had this problem before.

So okay, I got back home and turned on my pc. And I noticed a problem. My video was slow. Videos on youtube were slow and choppy, I tried like moving windows and their movement was slow. At first I thought its a video card or monitor problem and I tried rebooting my pc. When I pressed restart, before booting windows, the computer shows the window:
    American Megatrends

(Computer info)

CPU over temperature error!
    Press F1 to continue setup.

Is it really overheated? Because I've never had this problem before, I didn't had it the other day I was using it and I'm using it a lot. What to do? I really can't just open up the case and see the problem, I'm not that experienced.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Why can't it be overheating? Things do break, or come loose, and they can get dirty too.

Download HW Monitor and see what the CPU/Core temps are, for that matter check all the temps. Best would be to post a screen shot of HW Monitor.

HW Monitor: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If the computer is truly overheating then it will need to be opened up to see why.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice