1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved American Megatrends

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Scleptu, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scleptu

Scleptu Thread Starter

1496663546621-120692787.jpg So I have been having this problem after a long period of not playing on my computer. What should I do?

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    SO your Patroit Blast Hard Drive, I assume is what it is? is going bad. SMART has failed indicating it is dying and needs to be replaced.

3. Scleptu

Scleptu Thread Starter

Well should I get it out and that's it?

4. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Yes. If you have any important data on it you can try and copy it off onto either a USB stick drive or onto the other HDD in the PC.

If you look in the pic you posted its referencing SATA3G_2: Patriot Blast in the bottom saying it has a SMART failure.

I would load into windows, assuming that the Patriot Blast drive is not the one with windows in it? (Is the Patriot Blast your OS boot drive, you haven't advised this)

5. Scleptu

Scleptu Thread Starter

Well I had nothing on that ssd, just what I bought it. And now I got it out of the pc and it works! Thank you so much!

6. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Ok. Glad to help.

Scleptu likes this.
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice