1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

American PS2 power output

Discussion in 'Games' started by popejonash, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popejonash

popejonash Thread Starter

Hi,

I would like to use my American Playstation 2 in England. I have been told I need a stepdown converter to convert the 220 or 240V in Europe to the 110V the American appliance needs.
    But I do not know how many Watts the American appliance uses. There are converters that will work with appliances from 45W to like 1,000W. Any idea which one I would need?

I read somewhere online that I might need to get something up to 5 times more powerful than I need because some things (like TVs) have a surge of power when they are switched on. Does this apply to a Playstation too?

Apart from the stepdown converter, would I need anything else? Please email me at [email protected] with your replies.

thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Ash

2. TechGuru1989

TechGuru1989 Banned

hehe. thats a new one :). id have no idea. i just thought id comment on the america to england thing

3. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

just go to Radio Shack they'll hook you up with something eg....

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...onverter&kw=power+converter&parentPage=search

The PS2 uses about 93 watts, you just want to make sure you have at least double that, but the more watts it has won't hurt because that just determines how many items it can supply. Getting too low a wattage will over heat the unit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!