American Rehtoric-Top 100 Speeches

Deke40

treespirit said:
I always liked that Pearl Harbour speech:)
I just listened to the last part of the "I Have Been To The Mountaintop" speech my Martin Luther King". A very powerful speech.

I wept great tears the first time I read these words
Dr Martin Luther King said:
I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Thank you Deke. I didn't realize I'd forgotten to post the link.

As I re-read that speech at http://www.mecca.org/~crights/dream.html I saw this:

The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges. But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.
(Emphasis added.) I think Louis Farakkhan (sp?), Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and others should re-read that.

Deke40 said:
I just listened to the last part of the "I Have Been To The Mountaintop" speech my Martin Luther King". A very powerful speech.
Yes it is very powerful, very moving.
I love that speech site, thank you:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online