1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Americas Army --freezing

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheSwiZZler, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheSwiZZler

TheSwiZZler Thread Starter

I play a game called America's Army.--1st person shooter
    When I'm in the middle of playing, or after I have died, my screen randomly freezes temporarily. It seems like it is happening more frequent than ever has before. It freezes for around 10-15 seconds then it the screen turns black and the game comes back and I can play again. This is getting to be very inconvenient in fire-fights. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    SwiZZ

2. TheSwiZZler

Just thought you should know - My computer is built for gaming -- 2 gigs of ram 3.2ghz pent 4 w/hyper threading 9800xt...I used the Drivers Headquarters site to update my video card drivers. I have no problem with spyware.

3. TOW-fixxxer

TOW-fixxxer

definatly update any video drivers my friend had same problem with doom 3 and he had a brand new 3000 dollar system its weird what the drivers improve , also if you still have the problem try runing dxdiag.exe

4. TheSwiZZler

5. TheSwiZZler

6. Kramer55

Kramer55

which version of catalyst drivers do you have?

7. TheSwiZZler

8.09 sound right ? -- I updated some drivers .. thought I had the latest but it turns out I didn't. Now a different thing is happening. It's freezing and it won't come back... but less frequent. I think it has something to do with my soundcard because after a lil while when it's frozen. I hear a kind of screeching sound...and static and other things like that....

8. TheSwiZZler

uh, bump.. =\

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice