1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

America's Army pausing during gameplay

Discussion in 'Games' started by Matty44, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matty44

Matty44 Thread Starter

I have had this problem for quite some time now. When playing AA the game will pause for about 2-3 secs then come back. During this pause if i hold down the foward key i would have gone foward but not seen this movement because of the pause. I have tried everything. Here are my specs:
    P4 2.6
    1G Ram
    9600 XT Radeon Graphics card
    Soundblaster 24 bit Live sound card

Here is a list of things i have tried to do:

No spyware or viruses to be found
    Changed my power supply - quiter but not the solution
    Updated graphic drivers
    Updated sound drivers
    Disabled VSync
    Disabled VPU
    Disabled Fastwrite

I am at wits end. I have tried almost everything imaginable but the pausing continues every 30 secs or so.

Anyone out in the virtual world know another possiblility to fix this problem?

Let me know,

MattAmerica's Army pausing during gameplay

2. Kramer55

Kramer55

Is this happening when you are playing online?

Do you have dial-up, dsl, or cable?

The problem could be lag. Try turning down the resolution and downloading the latest video card drivers.

3. Matty44

Matty44 Thread Starter

I have cable. This is not lag in any way. I have downloaded the lastest video drivers and have tired turning down the resolution.

Nothing helps.

Thanks for the reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice