1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ammyy Admin software--Is it Safe?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Rdg41, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rdg41

Rdg41 Thread Starter

I have been helping an elderly relative (who lives 400 miles away) learn to use and communicate on the PC. I recently learned about "Ammyy Admin software," and figure it could make my teaching and the relative's learning job much, much more simple. It researching the software on the net, there is much said by actual and potential victims about scam efforts that use Ammyy. These victims equate Ammyy to the scam--I've yet to see anything positive said about Ammyy. My thoughts are that the Ammyy may be legit and is only the means by which scammers ply their malicious efforts.

The enlightenment I seek is :confused:: "Is there anything inherently bad or negative, from a security perspective, in installing and using Ammyy Admin software?"

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

Ive never heard of it.If nothing good is being said about it then I dont think you would want it in your computer.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

There are a lot of good choices. LogMeIn, TeamViewer, and the free VPN's are all remote connection options. As you may know, Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance are built into Windows.

4. hewee

hewee

5. hewee

hewee

6. gEEkEE

gEEkEE

I would try to use Teamviewer or Logmein free versions. Those are the more common used free remote support software.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022325